The Bootstrap framework is a popular open-source front-end framework designed to help website creators create web pages and applications faster and easier. It's primarily focused on enhancing the design and responsiveness of web-based projects. Here's a brief rundown:
- Responsive Design:
- Bootstrap comes with a responsive grid system that automatically adjusts and resizes web elements based on the screen size of the device viewing the website, whether mobile, tablet, or desktop.
- Pre-styled Components:
- Bootstrap offers various pre-styled components, such as buttons, navigation bars, modals, and tooltips. These features reduce the need to design these elements from scratch.
- While Bootstrap provides a set of default styling, it is customizable. website creators can change the look and feel to match their design requirements.
- Extensive Documentation:
- Bootstrap offers extensive documentation, which aids beginners and experienced website creators. This documentation provides examples, templates, and best practices to assist in building web projects.
- Community and Extensions:
- A vast community surrounds Bootstrap due to its popularity. As a result, numerous themes, plugins, and extensions are available to expand its core capabilities.
- On this wiki
- On external websites